Resources for Advisors
The Community Foundation San Luis Obispo County provides as much or as little support as you need to tailor a giving solution to your client’s priorities. From a variety of ways to give, to resources that improve the giving experience, we are happy to assist. We offer:
Transfer of Wealth Study
In 2011, The Community Foundation San Luis Obispo County released a study on the anticipated intergenerational transfer of wealth within San Luis Obispo County over the next 50 years. The Foundation commissioned the Rural Policy Research Institute Entrepreneurship Center to analyze current and historical data in order to estimate the value of assets that will be left to heirs.The study found that San Luis Obispo County’s transfer of wealth could be as much as $62 billion over the next 50 years. According to the Transfer of Wealth report, if every San Luis Obispo County resident left 5% of their assets as an investment in the quality of life in SLO County, as much as $3.1 billion would provide for future generations.
- Download a copy of the Transfer of Wealth Study
Free trust illustrations
We are glad to “run the numbers” for you if a client is interested in a charitable trust. Many clients seek giving opportunities that provide capital gains savings, an income tax deduction and a lifetime income for the donor, donor's spouse or another individual. We can explain the tax deductions that are available to your clients and provide illustrations, a description of the gift plan and annual cash flow projections.
Contact us for custom support and to share your ideas. We’ll help you find a solution that’s good for your client, your business and your community.
Would the members of your firm be interested in learning more about how charitable giving can benefit clients? Do you belong to a club or membership organization that would like to learn more about opportunities to give back to community? Contact us for a presentation on any of these topics:
- Charitable giving options
- Community needs and issues
- Our grant making priorities and impact
- Planned giving
- Charitable giving benefits
- Deciding to Give, a checklist that helps your clients determine the type of fund that meets their charitable giving goals, the type of gifts to make as they initiate and grow the fund, and how they wish to involve themselves and other family members in the giving process.
- Comparing Approaches, a matrix that defines the distinctions between donor advised funds and private foundations.
We provide the GiftLaw website and weekly GiftLaw eNewsletter with the latest news from Washington, tax law updates, PLRs, Case Studies and timely articles. We provide this weekly eNewsletter and web site to our professional advisor friends as a free service.